This page will be updated with new information regarding the 2021 Annual Dinner Dance. We look forward to seeing you!
The 131st Annual Dinner Dance
The Board of Trustees and the administration of The Holland Society of New York are pleased to announce the revival of the much-beloved Holland Society Annual Dinner Dance! The Dinner Dance will take place at the Lotos Club on Saturday, October 30th. We will present the Medals of Distinguished Achievement in the Performing Arts to Carolyn McCormick and Byron Jennings. Learn more about our honorees here.
Program of Events
6–7 p.m.: Cocktail hour in the Library
6:30 p.m.: Carolyn McCormick and Byron Jennings present a reading from Noel Coward’s Private Lives
7 p.m.: Dinner in the Ballroom
8:30 p.m.: Medal presentation
8:45 p.m.–11 p.m.: Dancing in the Library with music by the Lester Lanin Orchestra
10:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.: After-party in the Lotos Club Grill (for after-party ticket holders)
Due to current New York State and New York City regulations, in order to host a full-capacity event where social distancing and mask-wearing requirements are not in place, all attendees must be fully vaccinated and the venue is required to verify vaccination status of all event attendees. We are working with the Lotos Club to ensure safe and accurate verification. You can submit verification in three ways:
1) in advance of the event, by sending a scan of your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org,
2) at the event, by showing your vaccination card at the door,
3) at the event, using the New York State app “Excelsior Pass” or another similar digital application.
We will follow public health guidelines and venue regulations as they are updated.
Please contact the office at email@example.com with any questions! We look forward to seeing you.
The Holland Society plans to offer a special after-party after the Banquet, to be held from 10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at the Lotos Club Grill. Separate tickets are available for purchase by both Dinner Dance attendees and those who are not attending the Dinner Dance. We will have live music by members of the Lester Lanin Orchestra, as well as an open bar and late-night snacks. Please email Sarah Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about the After-Party.
Accommodation for the Annual Banquet
We have negotiated discounted rates at a nearby hotels for Holland Society Members, Friends, Fellows, and Guests. Please see details below, with arrangements to one additional hotel forthcoming.
Please note the following:
- Guests are required to make their own reservations using the reservation email below
- Prices listed are exclusive of tax
- The listed rate is available from June 1st until September 29th
- Guests will need to mention they are part of the Holland Society group and provide: guest name(s), dates of stay, an email address, and a credit card to confirm their reservation
- Reservations are subject to the hotel’s terms and conditions, including cancellation policy, and the Holland Society is not responsible for hotel reservations. Please direct any queries directly to the hotel.
|Hotel||Address||Our Rate||Standard Rate||Reservation Email|
|The Park Lane Hotel||36 Central Park Southemail@example.com|
|The Carlyle Hotel||35 E 76th Street||$525||$1,firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Holland Society has planned an exciting weekend of events for both out-of-town and local attendees! Please contact Sarah Cooney at email@example.com to let her know if you are interested in participating in any and all of these events.
Saturday, October 30th
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Brunch at Fraunces Tavern
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Walking Tour of Lower Manhattan, led by historian Joyce Gold
6:00 p.m.: The Dinner Dance begins
Sunday, October 31st
A choice of two church services, at either St. Mark’s Church-in-the-Bowery at 11 am (131 E 10th Street) or Trinity Church at 11:15 am (89 Broadway). Brunch to follow.